MSELECT is looking to hire a Fueling Operator for an international energy services client in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience, preferably inside an airport. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
Carryout refueling /Quality control activities of the airport at BGW, to ensure a safe cost-effective operation is maintained in accordance with JIG/company procedures as are current at the time.
Support the Managers and supervisors / operators for long- and short-term planning
Run the shift duty on a regular basis.
- The Fueling Operator (FO) is responsible for understanding basic HSSE behaviors required for excellent HSSE performance and taking active responsibility for own safe behaviors.
- The (FO) also needs to be capable of intervening when they consider it is safe to do so – to prevent any unsafe acts or conditions they become aware of leading to incidents.
- The (FO) also needs to be capable of clear two-way communications with other staff and customers in order to successful carry out his/her work.
The Fueling Operator (FO) is responsible for completing documentation of the various tasks performed and recording results. This includes:
- Operational tasks.
- Maintenance tasks.
- Compliance Tasks
- Stock control.
- Sales delivery tickets.
- Near miss reports.
- Defect reporting.
The (FO) is responsible for performing card and cash transactions. He/she is responsible for capturing, in most cases on a computer, sales transactions.
On most occasions the (FO) is the person who the customer sees first and therefore the (FO) is responsible for presenting himself and the company appropriately.
The (FO) is responsible for carrying out the day to day operational tasks safely, effectively and efficiently. The (FO) receives fuel into storage, looks after the day to day storage and handling procedures, loads refueling vehicles and refuels aircraft.
The (FO) is responsible to perform all tasks in accordance with the site Operating Standards. The (FO) operates sophisticated, high cost mobile and fixed equipment in carrying out these tasks.
At a typical airport, these basic operating tasks are, but not limited to:
- Product Quality
- Pre-fueling checks and tests
- Aircraft refueling.
- Fueler filling
- Preventative Maintenance
- Interact with Customers
- The (FO) must be HSSE minded and work safely at all times.
- The (FO) works within a team and therefore his actions and behaviors will impact on others.
- The (FO) must be fully conversant and comply with all Company and Legislated HSE requirements which apply to the Airfield Operation and is accountable for completing Compliance Tasks that have been assigned.
- The (FO) must strictly adhere to the company Rules for Operators.
- The (FO) must report all unsafe acts and conditions and near misses to his / her Supervisor at all times.
- The (FO) must acknowledge that Working Safely is a condition of Employment.
The RO is required to perform tasks critical to the Quality Assurance System and as such he/she shall be fully trained in such tasks and nominated as an approved Product Quality Inspector. Such Critical Tasks include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- QC checks of aviation products.
- Documentation of all QC checks and its findings and it corrective actions
- Maintaining records of sales/ fueler loading/stock/quality/equipment checks as appropriate.
Fixed and Mobile Plant Maintenance
At the direction of the Fuel Operations Manager or the Shift Supervisor, the (FO) will carry out such tasks as are necessary in the day to day running of the facility. These include but are not limited to:
- Equipment maintenance.
- Miscellaneous tasks within the Depot.
- Cleaning of fixed and mobile equipment.
- General housekeeping tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree
- Working experience in a technical area, preferably at a Tank Farm / Terminal Operations and Aviation operations.
- Driver’s license.
- Preferably Maintenance background.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.