MSELECT is hiring an IT Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as an IT&T supervisor, IT and/or Telecom infrastructure engineer. Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is a must.
IT supervisor develops, implements and maintains IT&T infrastructure and services to accomplish the Company’s business needs, which is performed in line with the approved procedures and industry best practices. He is responsible for collecting and analyzing technical requirements to IT&T systems and services, preparing technical specifications and scope of services for contractors, designing, implementing, commissioning and starting up IT&T systems and services, managing the Company’s contractors for design, construction, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s IT&T infrastructure.
List of tasks, actions and processes, which are performed by an employee in this position, and which are within his/her personal responsibility area – without permanent participation of colleagues, immediate supervisor and/or reportees in these processes.
- Coordinates and supervises the contractors carrying out design, implementation, modernization and maintenance of IT and Telecom infrastructure
- Makes an examination of volume and quality of works performed, services rendered by contractors and their compliance with scope of works, contractual obligations, standards and requirements of the Company.
- Takes part in commissioning and testing of implemented IT and Telecom systems
- Carries out acceptance of equipment and materials, results of work related to design, installation, maintenance and repair of IT and Telecom equipment and systems
- Prepares scope of works for contractors for installation, configuration, maintenance, repair and dismounting of IT and Telecom systems and equipment
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance, Modernization, Repair and technical support of server infrastructure
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance, Modernization, Repair and technical support of network (LAN and WAN) infrastructure
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance, Modernization, Repair and technical support of external communication channels (Microwave, Satellite, Dedicated)
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance, Modernization and Repair or Public Address and General Alarm system (PA/GA)
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance and ensuring the operability of fiber-optic cable lines (FOCL), structured cable systems (SCS) of production and enterprise networks, as well as engineering infrastructure of server rooms and telecom rooms including power distribution systems and uninterruptible power supply
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance, Modernization, Repair and technical support for Radio communication system
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance, Modernization, Repair and technical support of telephony infrastructure
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance, Modernization, Repair and technical support of videoconferencing system infrastructure
- Preparation of technical requirements, Design, Maintenance, Modernization, Repair, technical support, as well as coordinating and supervising the contractors carrying out installation, maintenance and repair of Antenna-mast structures
- Ensuring IT and Telecom Infrastructure Integrity and Change Management
- Ensuring Modernization of IT and Telecom Infrastructure.
- Ensuring IT and Telecom Infrastructure Integration Management
- Takes part as an expert in capital construction projects.
- Performs expert technical evaluation of proposals within procurement and tender procedures
- Provides continuous monitoring of operability of infrastructure components and services provided on their basis.
- Analyzes problems associated with the systems and develops technical solutions to eliminate them.
- Participating in the support, maintenance, improvement and redesign of IT and Telecom Infrastructure.
- Researching the market of modern IT and Telecom technologies. Evaluation of possibilities to implement such modern technologies for Company operations. Preparing proposals and developing plans, schedules and technical requirements for modernization of IT and Telecom infrastructure
- Updating and upgrading of IT and Telecom systems with patches, hotfixes and new versions.
- Installing and configuring of software and hardware components of IT and Telecom Infrastructure.
- Takes part in preparation of budget planning.
- Keeps records of available spare parts, equipment and materials in stock for maintenance and emergency repair
- Prepares proposals for equipment/material procurement demand based on business needs and considering stock balance. Supports the procurement process in the technical part.
- Preparing user guides, technical manuals and other documents as per the Company needs.
- Preparing scopes of works, technical specifications and tender documentation for design, implementation and starting up IT and Telecom systems.
- Preparing and maintaining licenses for the equipment and systems which according to regulations by local authorities require certain permits and licenses.
- Performing all other activities related to support of end-users, maintenance and development of server infrastructure, network infrastructure, telecom infrastructure, structured cabling systems, multifunction printing equipment support and other Company’s needs as well as other tasks from line manager.
- Ensuring interaction and operational work with departments, company specialists and contracting organizations involved in the project.
- Accomplishment of other organizational measures for the successful implementation of the work program and achievement of the Project objectives and KPIs.
- Proven experience as an IT&T supervisor, IT and/or Telecom infrastructure engineer, IT&T infrastructure design engineer or similar role with relevant experience (at least 5 years), job experience in oil and gas industry is a plus;
- International companies or projects experience (at least 3 years) is a plus.
- Knowledge of network protocols;
- Knowledge of operating systems;
- Specialized software for drafting and designing;
- Specialized software for planning and scheduling projects;
- Specialized software for reading and analyzing reports and protocols from measuring equipment;
- Specialized software for monitoring, configuring and maintaining complex IT and Telecom systems;
Qualitative impact indicators
Actual volumetric/measurable indicators, characterizing the scope of immediate impact at this position level.
- Number of locations of IT and Telecom equipment
- Number of end-users
- Number of active network devices
- Number of network ports
- Number of wireless network connection
- Number of physical/virtual servers
- Number of multifunctional printing devices
- Number of internet service providers
- all structural divisions of the Company.
- Services and equipment supply contractors.
Regulation of activities
- Applicable legislation and other regulatory acts, industry standards and rules for industrial safety, labor and environmental protection.
- Professional standards related to IT and Telecom disciplines.
- Corporate HSE standards;
- Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Orders and orders of the General Director of the Company, his deputies in areas of activity;
- Company executive documents;
- Regulations, procedures and instructions for the Energy Management System of the Companies, developed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 50001;
- Other internal documents, including local regulatory documents (LND) put into effect in the Company, local regulatory documents of the Company related to self-working responsibility area.
Other job requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Telecommunications, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), ITIL 4 Foundation and higher, etc.), Project management is a plus.
- Knowledge of structures and features of the architecture of IT and Telecom systems (including but not limited to server infrastructure, network infrastructure, telecom infrastructure, structured cabling systems and other);
- Experience of preparing technical specifications and designing IT&T infrastructure at oil and gas projects;
- Knowledge and experience in budget allocation, preparation of tender documents, drafts of contracts;
- Deep knowledge and experience in projects’ management;
- Experience of setting up and configuring of IT and Telecom systems;
- Experience of operational support of IT and Telecom systems;
- Knowledge of procedures for making changes to the IT and Telecom systems;
- Experience with complex IT and Telecom systems built using equipment from various manufacturers.
- Experience of troubleshooting complex IT and Telecom systems.
- Knowledge and experience of standard principles and methods of the organization of maintenance of IT and Telecom systems;
- Knowledge of vendor best practices related to IT and Telecom systems;
- HSE competence.
- English – Upper-Intermediate
- Office based plus travelling to the fields
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process