MSELECT is looking to hire a Drilling Supervisor for an international oil and gas client in Basrah, candidate must have a minimum of 15 years’ experience as Assistant Driller/Driller/Tool Push/Rig Manager/Junior Drilling Engineer/ Well Site Drilling Engineer/Drilling Supervisor, with a minimum of 5 years as Drilling Supervisor, fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
The Senior Drilling Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and implementation of the drilling program, and to ensure that all well operations are conducted as per Contract in a safe and efficient manner, in line with the requirements of Company Policy, Country legislation and Industry Standards.
Senior Drilling Supervisor
- To supervise and verify both Turnkey and Day-rate drilling, completion and work-over phase operations, rig auditing, rig moves, and location builds as requested by management in a professional manner.
- To be conversant with the Company's Well Control and Blowout Prevention Policy and Procedures.
- To ensure both Company and Contractor Well Control Standards are adhered to including but not limited to, maintaining primary well control, dual barrier principle, pressure testing, flow checks, trip sheets, well control drills etc.
- To co-ordinate, integrate and provide the necessary leadership to carry out all activities with respect to the work scopes of the various contractors involved through written instructions. To monitor the condition and maintenance state of drilling related equipment, in accordance with Standards and procedures, to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- To request and track mobilization of materials, diesel, equipment, and services in a timely manner and initiates the removal of redundant materials and the immediate demobilization of services and return of rental equipment when it is no longer required. Monitors appropriate consumption of diesel. Responsible any equipment is stored and maintained in good, clean condition and is ready for use in good time.
- To manage proper inventory of tangibles such as, but not limited to cement, barite, bits, as well as rental equipment from 3rd party providers.
- To liaise and report directly to the Drilling Engineer, Drilling Superintendent, Wells Engineering Section Head and the Drilling Manager. The primary function to keep them fully abreast of current drilling and associated activity and to make him aware of any condition which may require certain actions or priority setting.
- To monitor drilling parameter trends and fingerprinting with an eye to prevent the occurrence of unscheduled events like, stuck pipe, kick, drill string failure, inadvertent sidetracking, (downhole) equipment failure, etc. To continually monitor the effectiveness of the ongoing drilling process and to report on same. To be able to suggest and discuss any changes which may be required to the program with a view to improvement.
- To train, develop and motivate subordinates (also from other disciplines and contractors), and render technical support and guidance with the aim to promote team spirit.
- Prepare for and implement contingency plans at the rig site in a time and cost-effective manner.
- Strictly comply with all company processes and requirements.
People & Contractor Management
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees where applicable and maximize their effective performance.
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to Kuwait Energy CSR Strategy execution.
- To supervise all contractors on site in the execution of all drilling and associated work, (electric line logging, casing / liner running, cementing, wellhead work, BOP work, completion activities, perforating, well testing etc.), ensuring that all objectives are met in a safe and efficient manner and in keeping with all company, industry and regulatory requirements.
- To evaluate and report on the performance of service contractors to safeguard the technical and commercial interests of the company.
Reporting, Performance Monitoring and Information Management
- To co-ordinate the collection of all data and reports (DDR, Technical, End of Well Report etc.) to be transmitted back to the base office, and to ensure the correctness, content and quality of such data and reports. Oversee effective data collection, information management and reporting on all drilling related activities to support decision making.
- To be the custodian and responsible person for the drilling reporting. To make sure that all information is properly categorized and
- Analyze, develop and share appropriate reports and management information that track and monitor asset performance and enable effective executive decision-making.
- Confirm and verify all Turnkey sectional data and make sure Kuwait Energy is getting the proper barrier confirmations, signed off casing and cementing reports, and end of section reports to the Kuwait Energy applicable standards.
Planning and Operations Improvement
- Support/ lead benchmarking programs to ensure that the drilling planning operations are aligned to the industry best practices and regulations and identify any areas for improvement for management decision making.
- Contribute to Kuwait Energy Lessons Learned Database.
- Cross communicate effectively with the drilling team to outline opportunities for improvement.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Kuwait Energy’s policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement, to support an efficient and effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Witnesses and documents all required safety drills, testing and in-house inspections of equipment, and ensures conformity to required standard of performance and frequency.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- To provide Safety Leadership during planning meetings, Pre-Job Safety Meetings and through active involvement in the ongoing work, (weekly) safety meeting(s) etc. To take prompt action, in the event of an emergency, to safeguard life and minimize damage to properties and any detrimental effect on the environment.
- Promote a proactive Safety Culture through active implementation of Kuwait Energy Life Saving Principles in cooperation with Kuwait Energy HSSE Department.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, security, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality service and a responsible environmental attitude.
- To execute thoroughly, any incident investigation, analysis and follow up in order to prevent recurrence, in cooperation with Kuwait Energy HSSE Department.
- College/University Diploma and/or High School Graduate with equivalent of 5 years in position in the Senior Supervisory role with commendable achievements for like Global E&P Company.
- Well Control Training – IWCF Level 4 (Supervisors level with 1-year validity left on ticket)
- Valid H2S Training – Global (with 1-year Validity left on ticket)
15 years’ experience as Assistant Driller/Driller/Tool Push/Rig Manager/Junior Drilling Engineer/Well Site Drilling Engineer/Drilling Supervisor, with a minimum of five years as Drilling Supervisor.
- Relevant experience in Sour well environments as well as high-temp and high-pressure wells globally.
- Experience with managing high pressures in completion, MPD/UBD, or well testing.
- The Senior Drilling Supervisor shall be conversant with the Standards and Recommended Practices of the American Petroleum Institute relevant to the work.
- The Senior Drilling Supervisor shall be conversant with good drilling practices, including but not limited to, Safety Leadership, Safety Management Systems, maintaining primary well control, dual barrier principle, pressure testing, flow checks, trip sheets, well control drills, difficult hole conditions, stuck pipe avoidance, hole cleaning etc.
- The Senior Drilling Supervisor should have a great knowledge base concerning a multitude of drilling fleet equipment and information. Including but not limited to most low HP work-over rigs to heavy and high HP land rigs with various power systems and controls, from diesel conventional to DC and AC Electric Rigs.
- The Senior Drilling Supervisor shall be conversant with services and equipment normally used in drilling operations, including but not limited to drilling rigs and associated equipment, drilling contractor services, drilling and completion fluids, directional drilling, electric line logging, tubular running services, cementing, pressure testing, liner hanger installation, fishing services, completion equipment (packers, PBR / Seal stem, tubulars, SSSV, nipples, plugs etc.), slick line services, perforating, coiled tubing, well stimulation, well testing etc..
Other additional benefits:
- Relevant HSSE, H2S, Ignition, Flammable substance detection and control, Incident Command courses.
- Strategic and analytical thinking and innovative thinking
- Team building and work sharing mentality.
- Skilled in decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to be flexible and open minded with operational and cultural diversity.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with a good command of the English language
- Ability to generally communicate and navigate beyond language barriers with the use of visual aids.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizing and Planning skills.
- Intermediate User of Microsoft Office – focusing on Word and Excel files primarily.
- Skilled in EDR, Mud Logging Screens, and larger EDM systems for E&P Companies
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process