- Lead the KRI SCM team, including C&P and Logistics and Materials Management
- Responsible for management of Operations tender process and associated approvals
- Represent company at a senior management level with external stakeholders including government departments
- Develop and strengthen the capability of the KRI SCM team, through the progressive use of personal development and succession planning.
- Provide timely feedback and appraise the individual’s performance on an informal ongoing basis, and annually on a formal basis.
- Direct SCM in delivering value to the business and mitigation of risk through the contracting and procurement lifecycle including effective planning, sourcing and contract management.
- Lead Logistics and Inventory Management in strategic delivery of safe, efficient and effective services to the business.
- Assure compliance across the BU in adherence to company KRI procedures, JVA, PSC and Local and International Law, and support all internal and external business audit requirements.
- Deliver effective supplier performance management.
- Continuously monitor SCM performance against agreed KPIs.
- Identify and develop opportunities to encourage the use of local suppliers for goods and services.
- Manage the development of supply chain strategies to meet business requirements which maximize and protect value.
- Actively seek opportunities to drive cost reduction and savings in all aspects of company spend.
- Provide clear, coherent and effective supply chain management processes from requisition through to contract close out.
Key Success Factors
The successful candidate will be a good cultural fit within company and will be able to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the company values of Integrity, Accountability, Respect, Collaboration and Ingenuity.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant proven oil and gas contracting experience of more than 10 years.
- Formulation and negotiation experience of a cross section of complex contracts in Exploration and Operating environments.
- Substantive exposure to all disciplines within the supply chain –experience should include knowledge of Contracting & Procurement, Materials Management and Operational Logistics (Transportation & Warehousing).
- Strong legal and commercial acumen.
- International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment.
- The following academic qualifications are advantageous:
- Degree in a business, engineering or management related subject.
- CIPS / RICS professional certification.
- Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
- Handling of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good analytical skills.
- Fluent English language and numeracy skills.
- High level of competency with the Microsoft suite of applications
Internal & External Interaction:
- External interaction with Government and Regulatory authorities as well as suppliers and contractors
- Works independently with a minimal level of supervision and knows when to seek support.
- Active contributor to the decision-making process, able to deliver against agreed actions when decisions are made.
- Treats others with respect and acts with integrity.
- Engages with and contributes to the local community
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process