MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Workover & Completion Engineer for an international oil & gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years of Wells experience in the oil & gas industry. English and Arabic fluency is a must.
The Senior Workover & Completion Engineer reports to the Lead Senior Workover & Completion Engineer. The position is responsible for the delivery of safe, effective Workover and Completion solutions for the field development plan. The Senior Engineer will work closely in a multi-cultural environment that requires daily liaison with Workover Delivery Team Leads, Well Services, International Service Providers, Contractors, and support to Subsurface Team. Working in an engineering team, providing design engineering and operational engineering support for 10 Workover rig or more, delivering 200+ workovers per year.
- Provide Safety Leadership
- Identify high-risk operations and focus resources to mitigate those risks
- Complete four Leadership Site Visits (LSVs) per rotation
- Assist Delivery Teams with incident reporting and investigations
- Support HSE Self Verification initiative
- Provide Operational Effectiveness
- Provide 24/7 support for well control, well integrity and complex operations
- Lead problem-solving sessions with delivery teams, engineering and service providers to resolve challenges and manage change.
- Review and approve complex and high value programs
- Resolve operations challenges, such as:
- Inefficient use of dual work strings
- Contactor pipe corrosion
- QA/QC and contribution to ensure highest standard provision of Workover/Completion Programs generated by Workover Engineering Team.
- QA/QC of all pre-job technical calculations within Programs
- Daily engineering and troubleshooting support to Workover Delivery teams
- Specific expertise in Water Shut-offs/zonal isolation, ESP Installation, Water Injection, High Angle TCP and ‘Barefoot” Completions, Wellbore Cleanout, Cased Hole Fishing, and Well Integrity repair/intervention
- Training and mentoring of local and junior staff engineers
- Liaise with Service Providers and Contractors with regards to inventory and equipment needs aligned with short- and long-term Rig/Well scheduling and planning
- Contribute to peer review meetings with Workover Delivery teams
- Conduct QA/QC of EOWR prepared by Workover Delivery teams
- Conduct engineering post-job reviews with Workover Rig contractors and Service Companies to define engineering and performance improvements
- Provide technical and engineering support to Workover Delivery teams
- Offer recommendations for operational improvements plus implementing optimization and efficiency opportunities
- Self-starter and minimum supervision role
- Participate in Quarterly Contractor Performance Reviews.
- Enhance Staff Competency Development
- Mentor DTLs, WSLs and WO Engineers on safety, efficiency and risk management
- Demonstrate unyielding focus on well control and dual barrier philosophy
- Identify improvement opportunities and develop tools to affect change, such as
- Balanced plug cement squeeze excel workbook
- Forward Planning spreadsheet
- Keys to successful wellsite supervision
- Provide leadership guidance and coaching
- BSc Engineering or equivalent Secondary Technical Degree.
- Extensive (15 + years) Wells experience with E&P Oil and Gas Company or major service provider.
- Advanced knowledge of onshore (or offshore considered) workover and Completions operations including, rig equipment, well control, well killing, well integrity repairs, water shut off, completions, ESP installations.
- Strong understanding of slickline, E-line, hydraulic fracturing and Coiled Tubing activities.
- Landmark Open Wells Reporting, Fluids and Hydraulics Software, Log Interpretation.
- Demonstrably strong communication and mentoring skills commensurate with the above job role, proven record of developing junior personnel
- Strong English language skills
- IWCF Well Control certified or equivalent.
- Ability to work in a high volume fast paced environment where daily challenges will disrupt planned activities. Results driven.
- Demonstratable history of multiple rig operations. The company typically operate between 10 to 13 rigs at any time.
- Experience of managing third party contractor and Contract management.
- International experience, Middle East onshore an advantage
- Strong team player
- Arabic Speaking an advantage.
- 28/28 Normal Rotation
- Rotational flexibility during the current COVID crisis may be required including possible 42/42 rotation depending on isolation requirement.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.