MSELECT is looking to hire a Concrete Plant Manager for a construction client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 10+ years of industry related experience and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
CPM is a skilled professional working in the construction industry concerned with producing ready-mix concrete, running concrete plant, supplying concrete and managing team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities of CPM without limitations include:
- Ability to assist on determining different type of mix-design, based on standards, and the mix-design shall be feasible and meet specification.
- Improve the quality and reduce the cost of mix design, continuously.
- Supervise the Lab of the concrete plant.
- Plan and Schedule of production based on demand.
- Be prompt and timely for all assigned shifts, schedules and projects.
- Be aware of and familiar with the Company policies and regulations.
- Ensure equipment preventative maintenance is performed timely, thoroughly and correctly at all times.
- Prepare, Plan for resource ordering (raw material), weekly.
- Working with procurement department to find cost-effective supplier.
- Teach, coach and work with team in a constructive manner.
- Consistently promote professionalism, safety and efficiency.
- Make safety the main priority while working on equipment.
- Ensure all equipment in operation meets or exceeds all standards.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with co-workers and management.
- Willingness to perform duties outside normal scope of work (i.e. work in poor weather conditions or outside normal hours)
- Process customer orders, in a timely manner.
- Schedule available trucks to meet the orders
- Communicate professionally with customers and have ability to attract future business.
- Have an advance knowledge of concrete finishing problems and their causes.
- Train, motivate and give direction and discipline to employees under his supervision.
- Self-motivated and have ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Order and coordinate deliveries from suppliers as well as internal inventory.
- Utilize his working knowledge of various ACI tests.
- Balance profitability with business reinvestment
- Maintain and account for all equipment that is assigned to the plant.
- Ensure the employees, materials and equipment are sufficient to accomplish the plants scheduled work.
- Ensure each work area is properly staffed, with competent people, for the scheduled work.
- Ensure required material is available for the scheduled production work.
- Ensure the equipment is being maintained and maximum up-time is achieved.
- Provide data analysis and feedback to work areas that will improve execution within the plant.
- Provide a visual reporting system to communicate work area performance.
- Ensure daily work in the plant is completed to achieve the job specifications and time requirements.
- Provide and execute a process for correcting and solving problems and improving existing methods in the plant.
- Assist in assigning employees, as per job requirement.
- Working with procurement department to plan and purchase additional equipment, if any.
- Prepare and schedule for extension plan of concrete plant.
- Look for new costumer.
Requirements and Qualifications
- BSc, in Civil Engineering with background in construction materials or equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to theories, principles, concepts of ready-mix concrete and concrete plant operation.
- At least 10+ years of industry related experience.
- Knowledge of running/operating concrete plant.
- Knowledge of construction plant.
- Knowledge of construction or engineering methods and terminology.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in working independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience in providing high level reviews of engineer's models, calculations, and drawings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attend to the concrete plant from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with one-hour lunchbreak, with the possibility of over-time working.
- Attend to the site six days a week, Saturday till Thursday, Friday is considered as non-working day.
- Attend project related meeting, if requested.
- Available to meet the CEO, at critical time, when required to make decision.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process