MSELECT is looking to hire a Process & Packaging Team leader for an industrial and distribution group in Baghdad. Candidates must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in the soft drink industry. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
To coordinate day to day process activities to achieve targeted volumes with agreed performance objectives. Directs and Controls all the Process Operations to achieve strategic objectives and goals in a timely and cost-effective manner. To meet with the production targets in coordination with production supervisor and ensures overall controls of process area within manufacturing operations in sequence with the manufacturing norms and procedures in line with the organizational policies and guidelines.
- SIMPLICITY- We keep business simple, easy to understand and focused on the key issues.
- COLLABORATION - We work together, sharing ideas in an open, constructive style
- RESPECT - We encourage different backgrounds and styles of working and welcome diversity.
- INTEGRITY - We are honest in all that we do
- TRANSPARENCY - We share information, highlighting problems as well as successes.
- Display and live all the ACCBC core values to guide us in our journey to be A World Class Manufacturing Site.
- Ensure that all operators should adhere to all the safety requirements as defined in the H&S standards.
- Ensure that all process personnel are wearing proper PPE’s a while preparing syrup, chemical handling and CIP operation
- Ensure that all operators are following Safety standards
- Ensure that contractors working inside Process are following Safety standards.
- Conducts awareness program related safety practices to direct reports
- Able to carry-out /analyze Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HIRA) in process area and recommend corrective actions.
- To make workplace safe and eliminate of unsafe conditions and unsafe acts
- To generate incident-accident and near-miss report within 24 hour of incident and do risk assessment with help of Safety Officer to eliminate the hazard.
- To provide PPE required like safety Shoes, ear-plug, eye goggles, safety gloves, safety apron to handle chemicals and enforce the staff to wear the PPE as per the requirements.
- No LTA’s or work injuries due to negligence.
- Should have thorough knowledge about Quality Parameters of the Product during operation.
- Involved in all aspects of Quality control in Process.
- Understand and ensure that operators are following all relevant QMS procedures (e.g. ISO, HACCP, QC checks)
- Should ensure that the checks are conducted by operators as described in the TAMU stations available at various locations.
- Zero Loss Culture by adhering to all quality standards and implementing checks based on the standard routines.
- Fully aware of all CCP’s and take remedial action if outside limits.
- Ensure that all Process SOP’s are fully implemented
- To ensure all standard parameters SPPS and Batch Cards is being followed by the Process operators
- Periodic review of the SOP and monitoring documents.
- To remove all obsolete documents from the process and Q-Pulse
- Raise Non-conformance report (NCR) for any deviations from standards
- To investigate and prepare Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) for any quality issues. To hold production in case of any FOOD Safety issue and escalate immediately. To prepare incident report with CAPA
- Maintain all ISO controlled documents
- To ensure that all FSMS gaps and 5S findings properly closed
- Ensure all damaged/contaminated Raw material (RM) are segregated and take appropriate decision as per SOP and quality approval or for management decision.
- To timely highlight all near expiry RMs to Quality and Warehouse department
- Conducts daily meeting every shift to discuss Quality related issues
- Zero loss in Process
- No quality complaints
- External audit compliance
- Ensure that all Process reports are being filled properly by operator.
- Ensure that all Quality online checklist is being filled up properly
- Ensure accuracy in the Raw material Consumption report.
- Able to close all work orders in MFG PRO accurately
- Update all safety and 5S action plans
- Accurate reporting.
- No unfilled reports which may lead to discrepancy.
- The Team Leader should have excellent knowledge and understanding of key processes. Should be able to monitor, interpret and adjust key operating parameters in order to optimize plant performance to agreed quality, reliability and minimize material loss targets.
- Be able to resolve moderate to critical level of technical issues by being fully conversant on how to operate the plant, its operating processes, running checks and maintenance routines and RCA process.
- Will provide first line diagnostic and fault-finding skills.
- Have a full understanding of the RCA (4M/5Y’s) problem solving methodology.
- Support the Sr. Technicians & Maintenance TL in the fault-finding process and suggest corrective action plan
- Ensure operators are following the schedule of periodic maintenance checks
- Ensure the equipment and the surrounding areas are clean.
- Have a clear understanding of the operation of all plant equipment.
- Should ensure that the machines are handed over in a very clean and working condition at the end of the shift.
- Should be conversant with the tagging system, identify any issues with the machines and carry out corrective actions.
- Be able to train Operators to troubleshoot minor and moderate process issues
- Have full understanding of Effluent Treatment Plant operation
- Prepare process activities during plant shutdown and ensure that action plans are being carried out.
- Flexible to relieve process operator whenever required
- All process equipment are operated with full efficiency and minimal DT.
- Diagnosis of all DT s done in a systematic way using 4M, 5Y’s and then RCA to be done for the failure.
- To ensure that 5S standards on site are adhered, including operating the required plant in a safe and effective manner.
- To ensure equipment and work stations comply with all GMP/ 5S standards.
- To ensure that high level of 5S standards in Process area are maintained at all times
- To carry out 5S training to existing and new recruit operator.
- 5S standard around equipment and in the area of work
- To ensure that process equipment, raw material and batch cards are available ready prior to production
- Ensure that the CIP is carried out effectively and the Machine is sanitized/ Cleaned as per the standards.
- To ensure that all utilities are available prior to start of production.
- All raw materials are correct as per the program and are in place prior to start up.
- Communicate the production plans to operator prior to syrup preparation
- All start-ups should be done and all quality parameters should be in line with the parameters mentioned on the TAMU station.
- On time start-ups.
- Zero losses or wrong syrup preparation start-ups.
- Liaise with Sr. Technicians to complete the Preventive Maintenance checklist.
- Identifies issues which would have an impact on the Safety & machine breakdown and ensure that it is highlighted & addressed immediately either during the run or by planning a shutdown.
- Train & Lead Operators/Optec to do conduct PM checks.
- All related maintenance issues have to be captured in details and raise a WO through PRAGMA and inform Process TL.
- Ensure that all the work is carried out in a systematic procedure as recommended by the OEM. Asset care to be carried out recorded and clearly communicated across the shifts.
- Any outstanding issues which could hinder production at the start up to be addressed/communicated to Process TL or Maintenance Technician
- All Work orders generated through Pragma are closed and all work pertaining to the machines are executed correctly.
- There is no break down since PM is not carried out.
End of Production
- To ensure that end of production is being done properly by the operator.
- Any issues which could hinder production at the start up to be addressed/communicated to all stakeholders
- Train operator to carry out proper end of production.
- Zero Loss during end-ups.
- Maximizing the output of the product through proper calculation of PM required to finish the product.
Raw Material Usage variance/ Inventory
- To reconcile raw material inventory on a daily basis.
- Ensure that FIFO is being followed.
- Ensure that all raw material issuance from warehouse are correct. Physical and system issuance should match.
- Prepare Raw Material Quality Complaint for any rejected raw material.
- Highlights raw material with poor quality (low %drained weight, soft and macerated fruit material) to Quality.
- Accurate Inventory
- Zero inventory variance physical vs. system
Schedule and Planning
- To prepare manpower schedule as per production plan and control over time.
- To plan and prepare annual vacation for all staff and timely submission.
- To follow the plan and any deviation escalate it with contingency plan.
- To plan proper manpower utilization.
- Preparing timesheet for process staff
- Proper resource planning
- Oversee and / or conduct training of new or existing employee
- Conducts mid-year and annual performance review to direct reports.
- Prepare Performance Improvement Plan for those with poor performance employee
- All process staff should be developed to the fullest extent possible for their own and for the company’s highest prosperity. Development of workers requires their scientific selection and providing them training at the workplace in house and set them free for training
- High Performance
- Staff motivation and Team Building and training provided.
- Training Gap analysis
- Handover all issues that are currently affecting production or have had an effect during production (machine faults, quality issues) and production plans or information to reliever.
- All handovers are done effectively and communicated to the reliever.
- To be part of continuous improvements
- To be active member of Operational Excellence
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Graduate in Mechanical/Chemical Engineering.
- 4-5 years’ experience in the soft drink industry and preferred with exposure to 5S standards and TPM.
- Computer literate
- Willing to work with multiple nationality.
- Well organized with good communication skills and ability to work under pressure
- Should have good communication skills.
- With knowledge in Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Awareness of operating in a multicultural, multinational work environment.
- With Strong Decision making
- Very good Planner
- Team player
- With very good Initiative
- With strong leadership
- Problem Solving, Analytical Thinking.
- Can do attitude.
- With strong Technical experience.
- Organized with a high ability to multitask and manage workloads.
- Targets & results-driven.
- Pro-active with a win-win attitude.
- Adherence to agreed standards (H & S, S.O.P & OPL)
- Ability to interpret and use gathered information to improve process control.
- Support the site training programmes, helping to develop and update training support materials.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process