Leadership and Management
Leadership and Management
Whether you’re at an early stage of your career and aiming for promotion, entering a supervisory or team leader role for the first time, or looking to progress within management - MSELECT leadership and management course can improve your skills.
Specific management skills provide a strong foundation for organizing and coordinating people, logistics, and resources. Transforming your leadership and management skills supports you in becoming a leader that others choose to follow.
This leadership and management course is ideal for those who:
- Would like to develop their skills in order to gain a supervisory, team leader or another entry-level management role
- Have recently started in a leadership role and wish to enhance their knowledge and skills in order to progress
- Hold a supervisory role and feel they would benefit from a professional career development programme.
- Would like to gain a range of leadership and management skills to broaden their career opportunities
Our training techniques use experiential learning methods- which means more than just sitting in class. Learning with The Event School London is an interactive and dynamic experience that means your involvement in a range of activities is an essential part of the learning process.
Working for an Organization
- Introduction to business types and organizational structures
- Understanding an organization’s vision, goals and objectives
- Thinking strategically and seeing the big picture
- Developing objectives for your team to meet the organization’s goals
Performance Management for Line Managers
- Best practice in recruitment and selection
- Effective performance management and conducting appraisals
- Handling disciplinary and termination scenarios
- Developing and managing rosters and contingency cover
- Key legal and ethical requirements
- What is a project?
- The project lifecycle
- Project management methods and components
- Developing a simple and effective project plan
- Breaking down the work into tasks
- Scheduling and planning
- Time management
- Identifying the required resources
- Assessing project risks
Building and Motivating Teams
- What makes a successful team?
- Establishing agreed team behaviours and communications
- Building team trust
- Clarifying roles within teams
- Defining team and individual accountability
- The concept of leadership
- Individual leadership qualities and strengths
- Essentials for effective communication
- Leading by example
- How to motivate and influence
Shauna Sexmith is a program manager, senior consultant, and trainer who has over 10 years of experience helping companies and people integrate the fields of dynamic servant leadership, process management, negotiations, public relations, and complex organizational change into strong business strategies. She attended New York University, Bard College and Western University and has a background in project management, strategic communication and talent management/development. She is a strong advocate for a collaborative environment and an enabling leader whose problem solving, program management and business development instincts have been formed during the last ten years.
When and where is the course being held?
The course will take place at MSELECT Academy in Erbil, starting on Sunday, 24th to 28th March 2019. The time of the classes is from 9:00 am – 16:00 pm.
Must be made 3 working days before the start of the course. Payment can be made in cash, by bank transfer or through exchange offices.
How do I register?
You can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Full Name:
- Email Address:
- Phone number:
- Name of course:
For more information, please call 066 261 4455 or 0772 617 5794